With a lot of changes going on, small and big, getting my act together has been at the forefront of my mind. It’s not really like I’m going through an all too big shift in life, but I did have periods of time when I was like, what the hell am I doing? Where am I headed? Do I even know? And no, at one point it was like I’d totally forgotten where I was supposed to go and in that moment I felt utterly lost. It doesn’t really matter how dramatic that moment was when it came to me, and it matters even less how small or big the chances are that you make.
The way I see it, something is better than nothing. And sometimes the smallest changes can make the biggest different in our lives. Before going ham on this topic, I decided to only note actionable things down that you can do to attempt and get your life together. At least that were actionable to me when I needed it. Feel free to add more possibilities to the list!
How to get your life together
- Write things down. Even if you preach your memory is the best!
- Simplify your to do list and prioritise. Don’t overwhelm yourself!
- Go to bed earlier and try to set up some kind of routine.
- Embrace batch processing! Meaning set time to prep meals or simply answer e-mails.
- Quit hitting snooze!
- Start your day earlier than you conveniently have to. Longer mornings sometimes really set a way more productive mood to your day.
- Unsubscribe from crap in your e-mail list while sorting our your laptop desktop and documents.
- Throw out expired food in your fridge and freezer already. And check weekly.
- If you can, set up a savings account and deposit money in it every so often.
- Review your expenses and keep your spending behaviour in check.
- Start taking care of your skin! Do some research if needed.
- Clean out your purse. And bags. And purses in bags.
- Clean and sort out your wardrobe.
- Water those poor plants.
- Stretch more often!
- You’re drinking enough water, right? Ditch soda for sparkling water while you’re at it.
- Clean out that junk drawer in your desk/kitchen.
I really hope these kinds of posts motivate you to get something done as much as me! What is your go-to to do when you’re getting your life back together?